The selected candidate will assist in creation of aircraft software and software architectures including flight control systems on large manned cargo aircraft. The selected candidate will be responsible for research, design, and development of a complete system architecture and development of sub-system and component software including development of associated systems.
- Lead the research and development of new software products and applications on the leading edge of established knowledge and standards.
- Conceive, design, prototype, and test new methods, algorithms, and models.
- Define architecture requirements and performance standards to meet or exceed management and customer specifications.
- Identify and direct resolution of complex hardware/software interface issues.
- Advise hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
- Prepare reports on analyses, findings, and project progress, and presents results to management and/or customer personnel.
- Develop and implement simple, reliable, and fault tolerant software
- Write comprehensive unit and regression tests
- Test software in simulation and hardware-in-the-loop environments
MS or BS in Computer Science or Engineering
1. 10-20 years of related software development experience.
2. Experience in designing and analyzing aircraft, spacecraft or other related industry control/information systems.
- Expert knowledge of software engineering principles, methods, and techniques.
- Expert knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in redundant system development, coding, and design, event modeling, and state/mode machines
- Experience with FAA regulatory ecosystem.
- Certification in CMMI-DEV and AS9100.