We have been retained by our client, a family-owned business, in their search for a Chief Executive Officer. Our client is located in Cleveland, Ohio – ideally the candidate would be from Northeast Ohio, but we would consider a local relocation.
Reporting to the Board of Advisors, the Chief Executive Officer will provide the leadership to maintain the vision, the strategy, and the team to effectively provide continued profitability and growth.
The CEO will:
- Act as primary external contact for the company, and as the executive champion for key sales pursuits and key customer relationships.
- Be responsible for the sales, financial, and operational performance of the company.
- Develop and implement a strategic plan that maximizes shareholder value and incorporates a full understanding of market dynamics and opportunities, competitive landscape, and customer needs.
- Mentor, coach and develop a superior leadership team. Institutionalize organizational learning and best practices.
- Identify new and emerging technologies and enhance existing processes designed to stimulate a competitive advantage in supporting the new and existing business functions.
- Proactively manage the company's culture through deliberate institution of cultural elements consistent with the strategic plan.
- Lead a high-performing management team through the assessment, development, recruitment, and retention of key talent.
- Prior experience as an executive, including experience at successful creation and implementation of a strategy and vision.
- Experience leading a small to mid-sized family owned business with strong values and a culture that empowers our long-tenured employees.
- Expertise in manufacturing and/or distribution with a domestic and international presence.
- Team player with the self-confidence, presence, and communication skills to positively influence the business and develop and retain customer an employee relationships.
- Exceptional financial acumen and leadership qualities required to succeed as the leader of a stand-alone business.
- Proven track record implementing best practices including leading edge management applications, innovative use of technology, cost reduction tactics and investment decisions.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, sales, or accounting/financepreferred.
Due to confidentiality, only candidates of interest will be contacted.