Director of Corporate Strategy
This role is located in Austin, TX. Relocation assistance is available.
The Director of Corporate Strategy is responsible for leading the strategic planning process which includes identifying high-opportunity markets, adjacencies, and/or segments and assist in planning for the organization's growth and profitability. This individual will also support interactions with the Board as well as interactions with external stakeholders such as Equity and Debt investors.
This requires a thorough assessment of customer and market requirements, new and existing technologies, current strategies, and M&A targets. This individual must be able to analyze long-term market trends, customer needs, and competitive strategies to develop a business strategy that ensures the company's long-term success. The position involves strong interaction with customers and internal teams including business leaders, marketing, technology, etc. Successful candidates must have "hands on" experience in the following areas:
- Integrate inputs (market, customer, competitor, macro trends, technology, financial, etc.) to develop distinctive strategic options with outstanding financial outcomes
- Align functional strategies with business strategy for implementation
- Understanding of microeconomics and financial concepts and link them to business strategy
- Experience in portfolio management
- Design and executes impactful market research studies; drives to conclusions and actionable recommendations to the business
- Understand segmentation; target value propositions to customer segments; develop go to market strategies; Understands channel economics and dynamics
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or other engineering; MBA strongly preferred
- 7+ years' experience with 2-3 years in a top tier management consulting firm
- Track record of successfully leading strategic planning and growth initiatives and the ability to present and influence decision making at the highest levels of management
- Experience in managing multiple, complex projects and changing priorities, making sound decisions and working effectively in a matrix environment
- Strong written & oral communication skills.