Description: Provides leadership and on-going management of the hospital's daily administrative services. Responsible for staffing, planning, development, implementing, controlling and evaluation of the hospital's operations to ensure quality patient care services are provided to the community it serves in a cost effective manner and in compliance with federal, state, and local regulations. Responsible for achieving the strategic vision for the hospital in conjunction with the vision of Maui Health System and maintains key relationships with Clinical and Administrative Director peers, Chiefs of Service, other department directors reporting to Assistant Administrators for clinical and operations, and community peers.
- Assists Senior Director of CAH/LTC in administering, directing, and coordinating activities to carry out objectives for the provision of health care and participation in the community health programs for the hospital. Provides the oversight of budget preparation and execution, establishment of departmental operational and long-range objectives, and develops plans, policies and procedures; all subject to the approval of the appropriate approval authority.
- Collaborates with Senior Director of CAH/LTC and Chief Nursing Officer for Maui Health System to innovate and find best practices with an emphasis on quality of care, service improvements and cost reduction.
- With Medical Group partners, direct development and implementation of quality and utilization standards across the continuum of care to ensure coordinated plans of treatment, patient focused delivery of services and cost effective utilization of necessary services. Builds trust with the nursing team through visibility.
- Consults with and advises the Regional Hospital Administrator on problems relating to the operation of the hospital; recommends changes in administrative and clinical policies to carry out the objectives of the hospital and region.
- Coordinates with Medical Group to provide for the seamless transition of patients across the continuum of care.
- Establishes partnerships with facility leadership groups. In collaboration with medical staff and facility leadership. Ensures a superior care experience and a safe environment with patients and staff. Ensures policies, practices, and procedures comply with administrative, legal and regulatory requirements of the Health Plancontract and governmental and accrediting agencies. Provides clinical and professional oversight for areas of accountability.
- Provides around-the-clock direction of administrative and nursing services through decision making; problem solving; regularly scheduled meetings with staff for sharing information, concerns, recommendations, etc; unscheduled meetings, as requested, with individuals or groups to resolve differences or assist with concerns and/or problems. In absence of Sr Director CAH/LTC, supervises departments served by the Sr. Director.
- Assures successful implementation of organizational strategies such as Hospital Efficiency, Work Place Safety, Supply Cost Initiative, and Patient satisfaction.
- Through the hiring, retention, and development of internal staff in areas of accountability, achieves staffing ratios and optimal patient outcomes with minimal dependence on premium pay (overtime and registry/traveler staff).
- Mentors managers in development of leadership skills, fiscally accountable staffing/scheduling practices, professional development of staff, and outcomes based practice.
- Oversees the development of department standards as identified by regulatory agencies including policies and procedures.
- Integrates quality assurance/process improvement into facility medical plans, policies, and procedures.
- Develops services that achieve a high level of customer satisfaction with emphasis on customer service, highest standards of quality and innovation.
- Maintains a state of continuous regulatory readiness.
- Manages and resolves human resource, labor relations, employee and department safety and risk management issues.
- Enhances nursing practice and patient outcomes through the effective use of clinical practice.
- Maintains the strictest confidentiality of all facility and facility related employee and patients.
- Participates in developing the hospital's plan for the recruitment and retention of employees to ensure that a sufficient number of qualified staff members are available to meet the needs of the patients.
- Utilizes research data to implement clinical changes and the delivery of patient care and member services.
- Accesses KP Health Connect to evaluate the quality of care provided. Uses KP Health Connect to manage clinical operations. Monitors quality, appropriateness, and accuracy of KP Health Connect documentation. Maintains role specific KP Health Connect competencies.
- Directs the budget and resource allocations for designated departments. Manages the financial performance and identifies and implements strategies to reduce costs and improve quality of care and services.
- Communicates effectively as hospital's advocate to members of the community, continually seeking ways to improve and promote the public relations objective of the hospital and marketing services.
- Minimum of eight (8) years related nursing experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years managerial experience in a community hospital, medical center or related area.
- Master's degree in Nursing, Public Health, or Business Administration OR Bachelor's degree in Nursing, Public Health or Business Administration with a minimum of two (2) years of nursing management experience OR RN license with six (6) years nursing management experience.
License, Certification, Registration
- Valid Hawaii RN license (must meet education requirement(s) for Hawaii State licensure).
- Current BLS for Healthcare Provider CPR or CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer certification.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in decision making conflict resolution, change management, influence, oral communication, written communication, problem solving, quality management and team building.
- One (1) yearexperience in a Critical Access/Rural Hospital setting.
- Two (2) years Emergency Experience.
- Two (2) years long term care nursing management with responsibility for MDS and RN assessment.
- Basic working knowledge of electronic health record systems.
- Master's in Nursing with Critical Access experience
Job Number: 741403