Boeing Commercial Airplanes is seeking a mid-career Electronics Engineer to support Flight Controls Electronics system design, integration and testing in the Everett, WA area. This requisition will fill multiple positions for both in-production and development programs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and document complex electronic and electrical system requirements
- Analyze higher level requirements and define impact to design requirements
- Working knowledge of project level requirements and constraints
- Develop, revise and execute detail test procedures using simulation tools and system components
- Opportunity for lab and ground/flight testing in development of new/revised hardware/software
- Work in fast paced troubleshooting environments to find solutions for fleet needs
- Implement design changes for problem resolution
- Identify and drive product and process improvements
- Collaborative partnership with suppliers in idea generation of product reliability and producibility improvements.
- Analyze and synthesize complex design challenges in order to support an informed process
- Developing strategic approaches to design solutions
- Drive decisions to actively move projects forward
- Generate and evaluate a wide range of solutions and make recommendations meeting business needs
- Deliver written reports or oral presentations as an excellent communicator
- Partnering in a multi-disciplinary team
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a "US Person" as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required. "US Person" includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
- Bachelor of Science degree or higher in an engineering discipline in required.
- Five or more years of experience with electrical design engineering.
- Experience in data analysis experience with Matlab, Mathematica or similar computational tools.
- Five or mores years of experience with electronic circuit design.
- Contributing to / leading of technical projects
- Leading and inspiring teams, facilitating discussion and solving problems in an open, collaborative environment
- Developing solutions to complex problems
- Integrating software with embedded hardware platforms in a lab environment
- Systems engineering experience involving system requirements, functional decomposition and allocation, integrated design, analysis and evaluation, and verification
- Experience supporting electronic power supply design and analysis
- Familiarity with commercial aircraft regulatory requirements
- Current in industry standards, tools, and processes
- Familiarity with AGILE development methodology and practices
- Experience with DO-160, DO-254 and DO-178 certification guidelines and standards
- Passion of building the future of aviation
Typical Education / Experience:
- Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award
Job ID 1800080188