We are looking for Help Desk Support for our client in Denver, CO
Job Title: Help Desk Support
Job Location: Denver, CO
Job Type: Contract 12 Months
- This position provides Service Desk support for services.
- This position provides Tier I and Tier II support for customers at identified agencies by analyzing, diagnosing and resolving software and hardware issues associated with desktop computers and mobile computing devices (laptops, network and local printers, smart phones, tablets).
- Resolving or escalating user problems associated with enterprise-level services and applications.
- Develops knowledge based documents relating to the specialty area to provide training and troubleshooting guidance to fellow IT support staff, and other stakeholders as necessary.
Primary Job Duties:
- Tier I & II Support- Provides Tier 1 and Tier II support for a wide range of service offerings, products and applications including mainframe, voice and desktop support. Effectively and efficiently resolves incoming Tier 1 and Tier II support calls.
- Manages escalations for Tier II & III support when necessary. Installs, maintains and supports computer software on desktop computers following defined procedures, processes, and methods.
- Analyzes, diagnoses and resolves problems associated with operating systems, passwords, networking, wireless, VPN, hardwire connections and access to business applications. In some cases, determines that the problem must be referred to a different specialist outside the Section due to the nature of the problem.
- Communication Management- Uses documented processes and procedures to manage outages (emergency and planned) and informational notifications related to services.
- Ensures that notifications are sent, and status updates are provided throughout the outage per established procedures. Ensures that all tickets opened related to the outage are linked to the master outage ticket in the incident management system.
- Escalates large scale incidents, and liaisons with other functional groups and stakeholders as necessary. Ensures service level agreements and policies are followed. Ensures planned outage notifications meet the Change Advisory Board (CAB) standards.
- Incident Management System- Uses the Department's incident management system to coordinate all incidents reported and service requests made to the organization through the Service Desk.
- Ensures all calls are correctly recorded, classified, assigned the correct priority and urgency, and routed to the correct stakeholders.
- Serves as initial, and ongoing single point of contact for the incident in compliment of status updates provided by MIM. Monitors the ticket status and provides updates to supervisor when service level agreement is not met.
- Organizational Evolution & Process Improvement- Participate in team meetings, work sessions, and organizational improvement activities. Share information and ideas, communicate constructively about issues and problems, and help to build a teamwork culture.
- Read technical books or articles; attend classes, seminars and forums; and participate in educational events to stay abreast of appropriate new technologies and changes in best practices. Share new information with other team members.
- Customer Service- Provide customer services skills: Oral communication to provide ticket status information to end users upon request by querying the ticket management system.
- Answer customer questions related to policy and procedures.
- Explain Service Desk functions and process to end users. Written communication to document problems or issues and steps taken to resolve incidents.
- Call control to positively turn all calls toward higher levels of customer satisfaction. Self- awareness to be able to maintain a neutral approach to any contact.