If you are hands-on, have broad IT skills and knowledge, like learning, and enjoy new tasks, consider a role as an Information Technology (IT) Engineer with the Boeing Company. As an IT Engineer, you will work in the Center for Applied Simulation and Analytics Lab and bring your experience in the support and administration of a computing hardware and software intensive lab environment. You will become part of Boeing Research & Technology, Boeing's central R&D organization, Modeling Simulation and Artificial Intelligence organization in Huntsville, Alabama.
- Manage organizational assets, including facilities, equipment, software, and data to optimize lab utilization;
- Integrate multiple requirements into lab budgets and monitors performance against budget;
- Coordinate with other organizations (e.g. BR&T Lab Operations, Information Technology, Facilities, Site Services, etc.) to execute lab plans, implement new processes and tools, and resolve issues;
- Identify and validate user access roles, produce tip sheets and understand system interoperability;
- Provide hardware configuration management, coordinate change, and perform assessments of compliance;
- Develop, maintain, format, and distribute documents, reports, correspondence and other deliverables to enable lab activity;
- Archive documents, etc. to retain a historical record;
- Maintain lists/resources of organization subject matter and other functional experts to expedite resolution of issues;
- Perform audits, periodic reviews of records, and inspections to ensure compliance with Boeing and/or BR&T Lab policy, processes, and procedures; security and information protection for the classified elements of the lab; safety requirements; and customer and/or contract requirements;
- Perform daily operations in labs and specialized infrastructure services area (server room and networking equipment);
- Monitor health of systems and perform proactive changes as required;
- Install, move, and dispose infrastructure equipment;
- Apply server updates as required;
- Understand and implement basic network engineering and administrative tasks such as maintaining general computing devices, software deployment, security updates and patches, network address assignments, management of routing protocols;
- Apply extensive knowledge of the COTS vendor space in the modeling, simulation, and analysis realm coupled with vendor contacts to understand unique product licensing requirements;
- Order, coordinate and/or support installation and integration, monitor usage, and properly dispose of lab software and hardware (Tools: EPARTS, CIM, SIS, BESSY, TEDI);
- Enter and coordinate requests for facilities moves, relocations, office arrangements, telecommunications, and other minor work orders (Tools: MAXIMO, VOLT, FACVIEW);
- Serve as security focal for classified lab elements by bringing understanding of the documentation requirements necessary to obtain and maintain the DoD approval to conduct classified processing;
- Configure lab and network for customer demonstrations;
- Maintain lab room schedules for meetings, demonstrations, and maintenance;
- Operate and maintain the audio/visual system in the lab;
- Serve as lab safety focal by conducting safety meetings and quarterly inspections (tool: SAS);
- Attend lab and IT meetings in support of lab management;
- Apply and share computing network knowledge and Linux knowledge.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineering and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and creamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and the world.
Engineering Test and Tech
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline
- Experience in lab operations, management and/or administration
- Experience in designing, implementing and supporting wide area network/local area network environments
- Experience establishing and maintaining records of computing hardware and software inventories
- Experience providing user support to engineers in a lab setting
- 3 or more years of experience in Linux administration, use, and configuration
- Willing and able to obtain a US Security Clearance
- Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award
Job ID 1800073192