·Description: The Knowledge Management Specialist is responsible for assisting the Knowledge Management (KnM) Lead with continuity of DHA Global Service Center (DHAGSC) supported KnM services, and to aid in championing organization-wide knowledge sharing, so that the organization's know-how, information and experience is shared inside and (as appropriate) outside the organization with clients, partners, and stakeholders.
·The Knowledge Specialist works under the direction of the KnM Lead to accomplish day-to-day Knowledge related taskings and special projects.
·The Knowledge Specialist also assists in researching problems and defining areas for potential innovation/improvement.
·Participates in and oversees the running of various parts of the KnM Process.
·Assist with the planning, development, implementation, coordination, monitoring and evaluation of new or improvements to existing KnM policies, processes and procedures.
·Provide advice to the KnM Lead regarding KnM strategies, planning and operations.
·At the KnM Lead’s discretion, serve as a liaison to MHS Program Offices and other external MHS KnM stakeholders to facilitate participation in populating the Government provided SMKS tools (Currently Remedy Knowledge Management (RKM) system and RoboHelp KB) with articles for DHAGSC Analysts and customer self-help.
·Ensure availability, proper use and relevancy of content in the Definitive Document Library (DDL), Lexicon and RKM system, and other SKMS areas as identified.
·Work directly with DHAGSC Subject Matter Experts to facilitate the addition of new and updated knowledge to the SKMS, to include processing of Remedy scripts and templates.
·Assist global customers at Medical Treatment Facilities (MTF) with knowledge content creation, validation, editing, and publishing of knowledge articles to the SKMS.
·Interpret and ensure compliance with DHA policies and procedures.
·Maintain assigned contract deliverables according to DHAGSC Deliverables Procedure.
·Ensure the KnM established goals, objectives and performance measures are achieved.
·Directly receive and interpret customer requests for KnM support to include reports.
·Perform complex data analysis in support of customer requests and requirements.
·Participate in Incident Auditing and Incident Quality Reviews.
·Work special projects and maintain area documentation, to include KnM specific training.
- · Strong customer service and communications skills, both oral and written.
- · Strong critical thinking skills that facilitate technical innovation.
- · Strong analytical, presentation, and problem-solving skills.
- · Ability to establish a solid working relationship with customer, staff, managers and peers.
- · Ability to understand and apply knowledge of current industry standard KnM techniques.
Proven technical competency in several of the following areas:
- · Microsoft Office Products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- · Microsoft Visio and SharePoint
- · BMC Remedy version 8.x or higher
- · BMC Remedy Knowledge Management Module
Adobe RoboHelp Requirements:
- · Department of Defense security clearance (ADP II Public Trust) or the ability to obtain one.
- · Relevant technical certifications and/or relevant MHS Application experience.
- · BA/BS Degree and 3 years of work experience or 7 years of relevant work experience
- · ITIL v3 Foundations Certification (recommended).