The Strategic Development team is a group of future-focused entrepreneurs answering 'what's next' for Comcast and our customers. We are creating growth opportunities by: 1) identifying forward-thinking partnerships; 2) investing in new businesses; 3) ideating and launching emerging businesses. There are no maps for what we do, we make the maps. Recent core businesses that have been launched out of Strategic Development include X1, Xfinity Home, and Xfinity Mobile. Examples of current key partnerships formed from this team include Netflix, Amazon, YouTube, etc. Subsequent growth opportunities are currently being birthed and incubated across a variety of adjacent business and technology sectors including Smart Home Insurance, Iot, Solar/Renewable Energy, Digital Health, etc.
Strategic Development Manager will have the opportunity to work on variety of new and highly strategic business development projects. This Manager will report to Sr. Director Strategic Development and have opportunities to present and interact with senior management in Strategic Development and across the company.
- Work as a team to identify new growth opportunities.
- Research and assess emerging market opportunities.
- Build financial models and business cases.
- Conduct in-depth financial analysis (e.g., value chain, monetization models).
- Conduct diligence on potential investment/acquisition targets.
- Support and create C-level presentation materials.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- 3-5 years of experience in top tier investment banking, private equity, venture capital, management consulting, or relevant corporate environments
- Bachelor's Degree in business, engineering, or related field of study
- Deep understanding of financial statements and valuation
- Financial modeling and experience with building business cases
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Self-starter and a team player
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer