The airports are busy locations dealing with several hundred/thousand transactions in a day. Every Manager has a role to play in ensuring their contribution enables the whole operation to work efficiently to deliver the best customer service. Therefore managers must look not only at the functions where they have oversight, but the site as a whole to ensure that service focus is achieved at all times. Hertz has high expectations that all managers will be effective leader coaches.
As the Operations Leader (OL), you will manage the two key areas of VSA and IR working closely with both the Ultimate Choice Lot Manager and Product Quality Manager. Your team will work to ensure vehicles quickly and efficiently flow from IR through VSA to stalling per the Hertz replenishment model. Your primary focus is to lead your team to the highest level of performance by make sure that the right vehicles are properly accounted for, cleaned and stalled ready for our customers to enjoy. The OL champions superior levels of customer vehicle cleanliness and instills a quality mindset in all members of the operations team including outside third party vendors. Additionally, the OL takes responsibility and maintains quality control of the site fleet and works with other sites to adjust the fleet as required. The OL will serve as the third level of escalation for customer issue and works to resolve outstanding issues and coach your team how to deliver the highest level of customer service.
To be a great Operations Leader, you need:
- An ability to lead and manage all aspects of the Ultimate Choice replenishment model and ensure that clean and prepared cars are ready for rental
- An ability to understand the movement and flow of vehicles from IRR to VSA to Maintenance as needed, and to Ultimate Choice zones
- The ability to analyze and to understand the impact of hourly reservations on the replenishment model and the ability to make adjustments throughout the day
- A deep desire to be innovative by being able to spot trends and develop creative solutions that improve overall operations and drives both quality and revenue
- An ability to remain level headed and calm with both customers and employees as you assist them
- An ability to be a Hertz Brand Ambassador at all times as you seek to create a positive environment and solutions that generate continued customer and employee loyalty
Bachelor’s degree level is preferred (Associate level is accepted), but someone who is able to demonstrate the requisite behaviors and with the right level of experience (below) will also be considered.
Proven track record of being an effective leader and coach to others. An operational background in car rental is necessary, as is the need to have undertaken at least 3 functional Manager roles – so they have a good comprehension of both operational and customer facing functions within the location. Attitude and the right behaviors are more important, as is the requisite level of capability to manage in a tough, fast moving operation. Previous experience of working in a unionised environment would also be an advantage.
- Strong management, communications, interpersonal relationship, customer service, problem solving, fleet management, and sales skills
- Strong strategic planning and analytical skills including the ability to forecast demand and utilization
- Strong logistic ability to understand fleet movement
- Deliver great outcomes, consistently: Deliver exceptional outcomes (for our customers) and motivate others to do the same:
- Innovate at our core: Turn ideas into pragmatic, commercial, customer-focused solutions; Show deep curiosity (so show a willingness to learn)
- Grow incredible talent: Create opportunities for people to learn and grow
- Lead authentically: Show confidence and humility (remain level headed at all times); Own and learn from your mistakes, then move on; Speak up and make the tough calls when needed
- Align people: provide clear context and direction on goals and expectations