$4B pure play software company seeking a presales pro responsible for creating, qualifying, developing & selling solutions with account team. Composed of TCC - Technical Client Consultants, and Software Solution Consultants. With consultative selling and deep IT infrastructure know-how; TCCs and SSC's are account-dedicated, focused on account and business issues. These jobs focus on selling to customers, typically through work that occurs outside 'the company's' offices
- Gathers and assesses customer needs, both business and technical.
- Identifies related needs (lead generation, opportunity expansion).
- Identifies site-specific and corporate parameters and constraints that impact the solution.
- Identifies required project steps.
- Identifies likely problem areas that require attention.
- Identifies probable competition and product roll-out data/training needs and evaluates relative company strengths.
Solution Planning and Design.
- Architects an appropriate technical solution to meet the customer's business requirements.
- Investigates and optimizes a solution's fit to the requirements of an opportunity, both current and future.
- Adapts solution design to new requirements.
- Establishes the validity of a solution and its components.
- Identifies the growth path and scalability options of a solution and includes these in design activities.
- Generates an implementation plan with timelines for the solution.
- Creates the appropriate test plan as required.
- Anticipates some of the potential challenges for the proposed project plan.
- Anticipates and plans for competitive threats.
- Actively identifies opportunities to assist peers Regionally in area of expertise (e.g., writing white-papers).
- Maintains excellent communications with customer executive management across the Region.
- Represents the company as a technical expert with customers; shares knowledge in area of expertise and links to related technology areas.
- Advances opportunities through the use of effective consultative selling techniques.
- Builds customer loyalty through being a trusted advisor.
- Partners effectively with others in the account to ensure problem resolution and customer satisfaction.
- Communicates and articulates the details of their component roles in a proposed customer solution.
- Actively supports the account team with solution advice, proposals, presentations, and other customer communications.
- Analyzes and provides support to deals in the pipeline where needed.
- Transfers knowledge to presales peers via mentoring and contributing participation in peer education programs.
- Understands the roles and effectively engages other teams and resources within the company and partners.
- Identifies overlooked opportunities suggested by technical expertise.
- Facilitates smooth transition from sales to implementation by orienting the appropriate teams to the solution design.
Education and Experience Required:
- Technical University or Bachelor's degree.
- Typically 8-12 years experience in technical consultative selling and account management.
- Technical and/or solution experience in appropriate industry.
- Experience in vertical industry preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrates a broad knowledge of the company's technology & solutions, with deep expertise in area of specialization and related technologies.
- Knowledgeable in competitive solutions knowledge.
- Links company solutions with data business center needs to create customer business value.
- Applies broad understanding of technical innovations & trends to solving customer business problems.
- Applies productivity-enhancing tools and processes.
- Solid credibility with the company's business units and account teams based on history of solid results and contributions.
- Establishes thought leadership in technical specialty area with customers.
- Demonstrated ability to work as the lead for large complex projects.
- Has a high level understanding of the company's product roadmaps for multiple BU's, and deep knowledge in area of specialization.
- Has demonstrated extensive hands-on level skills with some of the technology
- Leverages financial and accounting concepts as well as capital investment concepts in demonstrating business value of proposed solutions to customers.
- Creates solutions that creatively address customer value chain and business requirements.
- Persuasively communicates the value of the solution in terms of financial return and impact on customer business goals.
- Appropriately tailors communications to varying levels of customer management Industry acumen.
- Extensive level of industry acumen; keeps current with trends and able to converse with client on issues and challenges.
- Demonstrates strong communications skills with executive managers, as well as some C-level executives.
- Leverages strong understanding of the competition - both positioning strategy and technology - to create competitive advantage for the company.