The Strategic Initiative Partner is a true servant leader who aids in the delivery of astonishing results across multiple capabilities. This person is senior leader who possesses an understanding of the complexities and challenges to facilitating and continually aligning the solutions and key initiatives within the organization. This new position will be critical to the success of our teams, providing a common thread of strategy across divisions, across products, and across teams to drive efficiency and effectiveness in our work efforts and customer value delivery.
The Strategic Initiative Partner is tactically responsible for coordinating initiatives across multiple technical and business streams. He/she accomplishes this by coordinating activities of customer and stakeholder engagement and by helping to establish an environment of collective ownership, self-organization, self-management and empowerment. This person ensures good communication and cooperation when dependencies exist and fosters and encourages “system thinking” to ensure value stream efficiency.
This team member is also accountable to work with external parties such as suppliers and corporate customers, coordinating efforts and dependencies across the Business & IT. Candidates must understand the process of facilitating and continuously aligning a large program, whilst also maintaining an environment of ethical and efficient practices including compliance with industry standards and company procedures.
- Partner with product, strategic initiative, and business stakeholders to drive large scale efforts to fruition
- Host regular program meetings and deliver crisp status updates to all stakeholders.
- Ensure mechanisms to provide visibility of work are in place and up to date
- Coordinate the day-to-day activities required to deliver on our commitments to our business partners and customers.
- Ensure operational readiness.
- Manage external dependencies and logistics.
- Provide leadership by example
- Develop and share best practices
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Minimum of 7 years project/program management with at least 4 years of that dedicated to managing large portfolio and complex programs
- Material understanding of lean and agile development practices
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience in Computer Information Systems (CIS), Management Information Systems (MIS), Computer Science (CS), or related field.
- Facilitation skills in leading planning meetings, reviews, and retrospectives
- Excellent negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Superior communications and presentation skills.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Ability to make decisions independently.
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills.
- Excellent leadership and proven people skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Jira, and Confluence.
- PMP & Agile certifications.
- Working knowledge of SAFe