Interviewing now for position in Nevada. Any interest?
Relocation assistance provided ? Great benefits?
You will love the location, the facilities, the people, the company, the work, the pay, the potential, the cost of living and quality of life.
We have been retained by a small niche producer of automotive interior parts to locate the best and brightest for this SR Quality Engineer role in beautiful Reno, NV.
Is this YOU??? - Quality Engineer
POSITION SUMMARY: Lead team that establishes controls to manage processes effectively and efficiently. Controls include customer specific requirements, standards, statistical techniques, metrology and audits. Team member working to improve organization using basic quality tools, management tools, corrective action, analysis and presentation of data. Knowledge of customer, end user or regulatory body needs and the ability to ensure those needs are met by the organization. The Quality Engineerworks within the quality team to ensure the overall quality of a manufactured product.
NATURE OF ASSIGNMENTS / DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Customer Relations: Develop and maintain harmonious relationship with customers to assure quality requirements are met and on-going customer satisfaction. This includes visiting customer sites as required.
- PPAP: Lead team to coordinate and complete internal/external PPAP in accordance with customer specific requirements and timing. This includes Program Launch and Engineering Changes.
- Core Tools: Create/maintain AIAG core tools workbooks for each program/part assigned. This includes leading the team to create/update PFD, PFMEA, Control Plan, Dimensional layout, SPC, Capability (CpK/PpK), Gage R&R, Gage instructions, Standardized work and inspection instructions.
- APQP: Complete all tasks assigned through APQP/Gate review process within prescribed timing.
- Problem Solving: Lead team for all quality issues (internal / external) within customer or internal prescribed timing. Initiate and publish quality alerts/temporary work instructions for internal/external concerns and changes to the production job book as appropriate.
- Containment: Set up 3rd party and internal containment as required. Initiate data tracking methods and fast response to nonconforming conditions. Ensure all containment personnel are trained and verify training effectiveness.
- Appearance: Coordinate appearance approvals with suppliers and customers as required.
- Continuous Improvement: Provide guidance and feedback to the team on improvement efforts based on review of statistical data. Implement effective methods for the team to gather, report and react to on-going requirements.
- May be required to perform other functions at the direction of the Group Quality Manager.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, ETC:
- BS/BA Engineering, Business, or related field with a minimum of 5 years experience in automotive quality or an associated degree with a minimum of 3 years in automotive quality.
- Problem-solving, attention to detail, organizational, and communications skills
- Working knowledge of GD&T
- Working knowledge of how to read and evaluate validation & dimensional reports
- MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Mini Tab
- Customer Specific Requirements desired:
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to lift and move objects up to 20 pounds. Must be able to hear, talk, walk, stand, bend and sit, use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls an office and production environment. Must be able to travel for training & customer visits both locally and out of state and outside of the USA. Must be able to distinguish color.