Provides overall leadership for NCAL Workplace Safety by setting the strategic direction, providing the operational vision and assuring the implementation plans necessary for a transition into an injury free work environment.
- Provides leadership, overall strategic direction and performance assessment of the NCAL Work Place Safety Strategy.
- Develops and assures the successful implementation of a strategic plan for the creation/maintenance of an injury free work environment. Ensures that the functions, systems and processes for Workplace Safety are integrated and coordinated.
- Accountable for NCAL Workplace Safety and the advancement of the LMP through the WPS program in collaboration with union partners. Works collaboratively with the Directors of Workers Compensation, National WPS, the National LMP and the Western EHS HUB. Directly partners with the Service Area leaders to ensure the successful transition to an injury free workplace.
- Minimum seven (7) years of experience in management and strategic planning.
- Bachelor's degreedegree in engineering, industrial hygiene, environmental science, public health or related area of study required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Industry certification (REA , CHEM, CSP/ASP, CHMM, CIH ) preferred.
- Requires proven strategic planning and program oversight with demonstrated ability to determine the key business issues and develop appropriate action plans from multi-disciplinary perspectives.
- Proven leadership skills in project management, especially on highly visible, politically sensitive issues.
- Demonstrated results orientation and excellent skills in complex analytic problem solving, project management, change management, and group process.
- Demonstrated ability to lead professionals and manage others through influence and collaboration.
- Demonstrated leadership competencies include driving effective decisions in a consensus-building environment, strong negotiation and influencing skills and proficiency in team building, conflict resolution and group interaction.
- Proven ability to effectively manage in ambiguous situations with minimal direction.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of health policy trends and any applicable bregulations related to the responsible technical area.
- Understanding of the Kaiser operations.
- Excellent presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills necessary to lead a large-scale project up to the executive level.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Experience in Workers Compensation and injury prevention
- Experience working in healthcare industry preferred.
- Master's degree in Business Administration or related field.
Job Number: 721886