The Safety, Health and Security Manager you will be responsible for ensuring the facility is in compliance with all health, safety, and security standards and regulations. Our client is growing and looking for a key player for their management team to handle compliance in the mentioned areas.
Our client is offering a strong salary, bonus potential, full benefits. If located outside of the Portland, OR area they can offer some relocation assistance, but not much.
Some main duties will be.....
- Provide leadership, organizational development, and supervision to HS&S department.
- Collaborate with production supervisors to implement the facility's health and safety programs, policies, and expectations.
- Be the health and safety authority for plant operations personnel with regard to projects, process changes, work practices, and regulatory interpretation.
- Manage, develop, coordinate and implement programs as needed to meet Process Safety Management requirements including Hazwoper, Hazard Communication, Industrial Hygiene, Emergency Response, contractor safety training/performance, etc.
- Ensure the company is properly represented regulatory inspections and audits.
- Just to name a few.....other duties and responsibilities as needed.
What it will take.....
- A Bachelor's Degree in safety, engineering, a related discipline, or equivalent experience
- Seeking a minimum of 5 years in a safety, security and healthy role, including some exposure to Process Safety Management (PSM).
- Broad experience across multiple facets of safety programs and regulations
- Proven ability to lead, modify and improve plant programs, policies, initiatives, and safety culture
- Experience in working with local, state and federal regulatory agencies and representing the company in a professional manner
- Ability to build and maintain relations internally and externally at all levels of the business
- Experienced in leading cross functional teams in problem resolution
- CSP desired, but not at all required.