Comcast Procurement department requires additional support within the Consumer Premises Equipment & Technology (CPE&T) team to establish, drive and manage various business-critical Procurement initiatives during 2018, and beyond. The role will focus on Comcast's Spend Category of National Construction Labor & Materials, based in Philadelphia, PA.
Working closely with Executive Comcast Management, Comcast Divisions and BU owners (T+PD, Finance, etc.), the role will provide Strategic and Tactical benefits to the business units, and wider Comcast organization, managing an annual External Spend portfolio in excess of $1.5B.The selected candidate will be responsible for providing direction within the Comcast Procurement department for external Procurement, Sourcing, and Contracting of goods and services (providing leadership and direction for diverse and complex functions with contribution to development of the organization's business strategy). The candidate will require a commercial skillset, with strong analytical and finance capabilities, advanced negotiation skills, high attention-to-detail and the ability to build key stakeholder relationships-while maintaining focus on the end result.
A good understanding of Networks and the associated Labor market is essential, with projects requiring a knowledge of underlying technologies and architectural setup (where a project fits in the big picture). The candidate will be expected to drive End-to-End ownership of the Procurement 'Source to Contract' cycle;
- Analyze Needs & Market dynamics
- Develop Sourcing Strategy
- RFx Process (where necessary / appropriate)
- Vendor Negotiations (and documentation)
- Partner with Business Units for Supplier Selection & Contract Finalization
- Manage Supplier Performance
The position reports to the Vice-President, CPE&T Procurement with end-to-end ownership of scope including security of labor supply, cost-savings & efficiencies, contractual deliverables and operational process improvements. The following project areas have been identified as prime objectives (list is not exhaustive detailed for clarity of primary responsibilities);
(1) Business Partner (vendor) management
- Ownership of strategic vendor portfolio, including regular Executive engagement at CEO-level. Setup and leadership of executive review / supply sessions with responsibility for transformational outcomes.
- Leads Vendor selection & Lifecycle management in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders
- Defines and develops pricing (ratecard) setup including governance of non-fixed items (annual adjustments where applicable, pass-throughs, quotables, special zone projects, etc.)
- Lead negotiations, in collaboration / consultation with applicable Stakeholders, for Framework agreements and attractive commercial deals including TCO consideration while ensuring Security of Supply
- KPI and Vendor Service Levels against associated Statement of Work (SOWs)
(2) Strategy setting and execution
- Develops Strategy and implements Nationwide roll-out for short term (< 1st year) and long term (> 2 years) vision for National Construction Labor ecosystem (In conjunction with Comcast Divisional Management)
- Works closely with Comcast Division Finance and Technology leadership to manage Spend while acting as a Link-pin between HQ Management team, Technology Depts., Finance, Supply Chain Management and Comcast Divisions
- Management of supplier Ecosystem to achieve optimal supply (pricing, innovation, quality, time-to-market, etc.), including associated Materials and Capex driven items
- Capture of Residential, Business Services, BAU, NGAN and related project initiatives
- Lead selected Business Partner QBRs and periodic review meetings
(3) Related Category initiatives
- In conjunction with Divisional and HQ leadership teams, improve quality of vendor services (e.g. supply chain & warehousing)
- Focal point for vendor escalations with regard to delivery, performance and support
- Provide guidance on annual (vendor spend related) budgets for Corporate and Finance (LRP) planning
- Develop deployment scripts and checklists, contract templates, policies and procedures
- Conduct vendor risk and credit checks (where appropriate) together with Comcast Corporate Finance as part of a Vendor Management process
- Working closely with Demand Planning teams to ensure adequate supply / demand in cost optimal structure
- Roll-out of special projects (e.g. Training / Academies, Materials, Warehousing, Storm response, etc.)
Interprets business strategy and develops organizational objectives to align with strategy. Develops department procedures and objectives and communicates them to lower-level management. Initiates and maintains relationships with vendors (Business Partners) and department business units to ensure quality and cost-effective goods and services.
- Establishes procedures and good purchasing practices for relevant departments and Business Units
- Negotiates and reviews long-term contracts with suppliers to ensure optimum cost and reliable supply. Maintains strategic vendor and contractor relationships. Actively researches and pursues new vendors, building relationships and making contacts to keep lines of supplies fresh and cost-effective.
- Works with business partners to ensure purchasing and procurement optimization by generating cost savings and anticipating issues
- Interprets inventory and capital tracking analysis for strategic decision-making. Communicates report results and department decisions to business partners clearly and concisely. Troubleshoots complex matters and acts in an advisory capacity for business partners
- Develops and adapts procurement strategies based upon continuous monitoring and forecasting of impacting variable market conditions
- Manages multiple groups and project initiatives at once
- Mentors and guides staff to ensure work performance is to Company standards
- Develops and monitors budget and budget adherence, creates forecast analysis and makes recommendations based on results
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary. In addition to the skills necessary to perform the core functions listed above, the successful candidate will need to be flexible and adaptive in all aspects of the role. Periodic travel required.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Education Level-Bachelors Degree or Equivalent, MBA preferred
Field of Study-Finance, Engineering, or equivalent
Certifications-CPSM, 6-Sigma preferred
Years Experience- 12+ years related experience