The Boeing Company - Defense/Space/Security division is seeking an experienced Software Engineer to support the Ground-based Midcourse Defense (GMD) program working on the Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) Safety Officer Situational Awareness Tool (BSAT) program located in Colorado Springs, Colorado. This position will be responsible to assist in designing, developing, documenting, managing and maintaining BSAT software at three operational locations and three development/integration labs. You will be a member of a 6-member team and will require frequent interaction with the customer, subcontractors, and teammates in support of BSAT development and mission operations.
- Support the requirements analysis, software design, integration, unit and integration testing, and formal qualification of BSAT software applications in a small team environment.
- Develop BSAT software in Java programming language on Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Establish and maintain software development environments.
- Support of the software development life cycle and peer reviews.
- Comply with the GMD Software Development Plan
- Document and configuration manage software adhering to the project level process plans.
- Develop simulation software and test scenarios that model deployed BMDS systems.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Space and Launch
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Basic (Required) Qualifications:
- Current/Active Secret security clearance is required. (Note: If you
held a security clearance within the last two years, your clearance is considered current/active).
- Software background and proficiency in Java programming language, Windows and Linux operating systems, and software development environments.
- Experienced in development of Java-based applications in a Unix/Linux and Windows platform environments.
- Experienced in software development, analysis, root cause and corrective action processes, and the use of effective analysis methods and procedures are required.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills to participate in requirements, design and code reviews.
- Thorough understanding of version control and software quality attributes, such as testability, portability and maintainability.
- Ability to be self-driven and work within a collaborative development approach.
- Must be aTble to interact well with System Engineers and Systems Administrator as well other members of the Integrated Product Team.
- Familiarity with formal software development process and current software engineering topics (i.e. – Lean and Agile).
- Experience with scripting languages such at Bash, Python, and Shell Scripting.
- DoD 8570 certification at IAT Level II or higher (Security+, GSEC, SCNP, SSCP, CISSP, CISA, GSE, SCNA).
- Experience with National Instruments LabVIEW would be a plus.
- Use of common software development and management tools such as Jira.
- Experience with implementation of interfaces using XML, Link 16, DIS/HLA or similar message sets.
- Experience with implementation of data and messaging services.
- Experience with implementation of graphical user interfaces (GUIs).
- Working knowledge of Ballistic Missile Defense concepts, and the BMDS.
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award
Job ID 1800079519