SENIOR SUPPLIER QUALITY ENGINEER
- Ensures compliance to procedures outlined in the Supplier Quality Manual.
- Revises and implements changes as required.
- Participates in Supplier reviews and provides input to Purchasing Department in regards to supplier quality.
- Performs supplier quality system and process audits and manages them to closure.
- Ensures reliability and accuracy of products provided by the supply base.
- Ensures that nonconforming material is dispositioned in a timely manner.
- Coordinates with suppliers all initiatives relating to supplier quality performance.
- Tracks performance trends and performs quality trend analysis from supplier base and facilitates corrective actions as appropriate.
- Leads supplier development activities for self-release program and increased implementation of Dock-to-Stock and replenishment programs.
- Utilizes lean manufacturing, error proofing, and continuous improvement initiatives to support Supplier base by assisting in development of robust processes that assures quality products and services.
- Provides support to customers and suppliers relative to supply-based issues.
- Leads product investigations and facilitate problem solving to identify root cause and corrective action.
- Follows up on actions for verification and ensure completion.
- Handles and facilitates process improvements at supplier facilities.
- Devises and implements methods and procedures for inspecting, testing, and evaluating the precision, reliability and accuracy of products and processes of suppliers.
- A Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering or related technical discipline.
- Certification by the American Society for Quality (ASQ) as a Certified Quality Engineer (CQE), Certified Six Sigma Black Belt (CSSBB), or Certified Quality Manager (CQMgr) is preferred.
- 5+ years of Supplier Quality Engineering or related experience.
- Must come from an industrial manufacturing environment?Automotive, Aerospace, etc.
- A thorough understanding and application of core quality tools and statistical quality assurance methods is required (Including APQP).
- Must be able to travel 50% or more to supplier sites.
- Ability to travel on short notice both nationally and internationally.