EBS delivers high-performing virtualized storage “in the cloud” for EC2, and is a key building block for many applications, from databases to distributed file systems to Hadoop clusters. Delivering a reliable, scalable, and high-performance service requires engineers with exceptional technical expertise and creativity. In addition, at Amazon, along with superlative technical strength, we expect our engineers to interact with customers, to understand our business goals, and to innovate rapidly, delivering high-quality and ground-breaking functionality.
The ideal candidate for our team will be passionate about the large opportunity that Amazon EBS and EC2 present and “Cloud Computing” in general. The candidate will have strong design and implementation experience, in-depth knowledge of distributed systems architectures, and experience leading or mentoring other engineers. In particular, experience delivering core systems or kernel components in C/C++, programming with multithreaded concurrent processing, delivering embedded systems and/or large-scale automation systems. It would be beneficial to have a background in performance analysis and tuning to ensure that customers continue to have the best experience.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
· MS CS/CE/EE with 2+years or BS CS/CE/EE with 5+ years of relevant industry experience
· C , C++ , Perl or Python scriptinglanguages
· Experience with multithreaded concurrent processing
· Experience with Linux/Windows kernel modules and file systems, storage hardware or virtualization technologies and preferred.
· Experience operating enterprise-scale distributed systems
· Background with scalable storage solutions
· Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
· Experience mentoring other engineers.
· Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team.
· Demonstrated ability to anticipate customer needs
· Demonstrated ability to view projects at a higher level and from the customer point of view
· Background with Embedded systems, Device Drivers, Firmware
· Experience with Networking and/or Storage Domains
· Experience with Objected Oriented design
· Experience with Ruby