Amazon Web Services is looking for Software Development Engineers to join our content delivery team (CDN). CloudFront projects include massively scalable, reliable, distributed systems that provide fast, inexpensive, global distribution of content. It is a web service for content delivery and one of the cornerstones of AWS. CloudFront integrates with other Amazon Web Services to give developers and businesses an easy way to distribute static and streaming content to end users with low latency and high data transfer speeds. This is an opportunity to join a world class team that is at the sharp edge of the internet.
You should be somebody that is passionate about solving customers’ problems; you should be technically strong software engineer who takes pride in tackling the hardest technical challenges, excels working in agile environment and collaborating with some of the smartest people in the industry, who gets excited about owning critical infrastructure services that serve global customers every second of the day! You must enjoy a close-knit team environment of shared responsibility and ownership.
Why would you want to work at CloudFront?
· We write software that has a large impact. In the time that you read this sentence CloudFront will have handled hundreds of thousands of requests.
· We ship software. In the past 12 months we've shipped 3 releases of customer-facing reporting solutions, allowing customers to see how their content is being delivered; and internal solutions to manage customer pricing plans. We've got more in the pipeline and our team mandate is expanding.
· We enable our engineers as first class service owners. As a developer at CloudFront you will have input into product direction, technical design and implementation, and operational decisions.
· We own and operate a world class CDN in many locations worldwide and are quickly growing it to be a huge business.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or closely related field
· Minimum 4+ years of relevant work experience in software development
· Proficiency with one of the modern programming languages such as C, C++, Java or C#
· Strong debugging, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills
· Proficiency with Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design and analysis
· Experience developing distributed systems and web services
· Familiarity with Linux development environment
· Familiarity with reporting and analytics is useful
· Content Delivery Network (CDN) experience a plus.
· Expert skill in one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java or Python.
· Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
· Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
· Ability to propose and evolve features under the guidance of Senior and Principal Engineers