Are you interested in building hyper-scale database services in the cloud? Do you want to revolutionize the way databases are built for the cloud ? Do you want to have direct and immediate impact on hundreds of thousands of users who use AWS database services?
Amazon Aurora is a MySQL-compatible, relational database engine that combines the speed and availability of high-end commercial databases with the simplicity and cost-effectiveness of open source databases. It provides up to five times better performance than MySQL at a price point one tenth that of a commercial database while delivering similar performance and availability.
Amazon Aurora Engine team is looking for experienced technical experts in relational databases and large scale storage system technologies, who are excited about building large scale database systems that run across thousands of servers across multiple datacenters worldwide. These are core systems development positions where you will own the design and development of significant system software components critical to our industry leading database services architected for the cloud.
We are looking for experienced technical experts to help deliver industry leading next generation database services architected for the cloud. You will be part of the team that architects, designs, and implements highly scalable distributed database systems that provide availability, reliability and performance guarantees. This is a hands on position where you will be asked to do everything from building rock-solid components to mentoring other engineers. You need to not only be a top software developer with a good track record of delivering, but also excel in communication, leadership and customer focus. This is a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor within a fast growing business and help shape the technology, product and the business. A successful candidate will bring deep technical and software expertise and ability to work within a fast moving, startup environment in a large company to deliver solid code that has a broad business impact.
· 10+ years of professional experience in software development
· 5+ years of experience managing an Agile team of 10+ software development engineers
· Experience building scalable distributed systems with service oriented architectures
· Proficiency in at least one modern programming language, e.g. Java, C#, or C++
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or an equivalent in relevant work experience
· Database engine internals (storage): indexing, access methods, locking, logging, caching, transaction processing, replication, backup restore, buffer management
· Database engine internals (query processing): query compilation, optimization, execution, parallel execution
· Distributed systems: consensus-based quorum replication, NoSQL system implementation
· Candidates with strong backgrounds in file and storage systems, compilers, operating systems, networking, etc.are also encouraged to apply.
· OS internals.
· Low level performance and tuning.
· Excellent leadership, verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to work well with people and be both highly motivated and motivating.
· Strong mentoring and technical leadership skills