Boeing Intelligence & Analytics (BI&A), a subsidiary of The Boeing Company, is seeking a Software Developer to join their top-tier development teamfor our B-52 team.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Design, code, implementation, and testing of software on one or more of the following efforts:
- B-52 CONECT: This is a Windows-based system that runs on the jet; it provides a Link 16 communications capability. Familiarity with Windows, Link 16, and C++ is desired. A small portion of the system uses the language Qt; it is very C++ like.
- B-52 Radar Prototype: A prototype familiarization system is being developed to help the customer decide on a potential new radar system. We are largely focusing on the aesthetics for the moment. Familiarity with Qt, GUIs, 2D/3D graphics, radar systems, and radar display simulations such as the St. Louis product MMRS or the commercial product Diamond Visionics are a plus.
- B-52 Sustainment Blocks: Maintenance updates of the aircraft avionics software known as OAS. This includes navigation, weapon delivery, and other capabilities. Familiarity with software maintenance, agile, Solaris Sun and Adamulti, and Ada programming language desired.
- B-52 Simulation and Tools: This encompasses a wide variety of items within our Software Engineering Environment; there are many different languages, OSes, and purposes. Desired skills: agile, C#, Java, C/C++, various scripting languages, databases, GUIs, real-time embedded software, Linux, Unix.
- AWACS and ASC2 platforms for Consolidated Battle Management, Situation Awareness displays.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Proficiency in C, C++ or Java
- Bachelor's and 2 or more years' experience or a Master's degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
- Familiarity with agile programming methodologies
- Familiarity with C, C#, Qt, scripting languages,
- Knowledge of Link16
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix/Solaris
- Familiarity with radar display simulations, such as MMRS or Diamond Visionics
- Knowledge of Adamulti and Ada
- Familiarity with real time embedded software
- Aircraft Domain Knowledge:
- Avionics: (Communication, Sensors, Defensive Systems, Weapons managements, Radar)
- Embedded System development
- Sensors, Data fusion
Job ID 4323