Boeing Research & Technology, the innovation engine of the Boeing Company, is seeking a Cyber Security Software Engineer, with a passion for cyber security research to join our teams in St. Louis, MO or Huntsville, AL to help create the next generation of cyber protection technologies for our commercial and military platforms.
- In this position you will work closely with other researchers in the Cyber Security and Network Technology organization to research, develop, prototype and operationalize technologies across application areas including airplane systems, ground systems and communication systems.
- You will study the unique cyber threat environment our aerospace products operate in, develop optimized solutions and test them in high-fidelity laboratory simulations and flight tests.
- This position requires a person with a strong software background and proficiency in multiple languages, operating systems and software development environments. Candidates should also have a strong academic foundation in cyber security including: application/operating system security, authorization/access control, and cryptography as well as knowledge of common software attacks and mitigation techniques.
- Other cyber security skills you may use or have the opportunity to learn include: black-box testing, code instrumentation, static and dynamic code analysis, least privilege execution, model-driven design; secure operating system design, secure virtualization and Multiple Independent Levels of Security (MILS).
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Engineering Test and Tech
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Candidates must have a Bachelor's or a Master’s degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, or Computer Science, or an equivalent discipline with cyber security software development training or experience.
- The ability to obtain a U.S. Secret Security Clearance (post-start)
- Course work or coding experience in languages such as C/C+, Java, Python etc.
- Working knowledge of common software vulnerabilities and defenses
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Courses or experience in machine learning or AI for cyber event detection and defense
- Experience in Capture the Flag or other cyber security competitions
- Courses or experience in code analysis and/or penetration testing
- Course work or job experience developing software for multiple hardware and OS environments (VxWorks, Linux, PPC, ARM, x86, etc.)
Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award
Job ID 1800078556