Boeing South Carolina is seeking an experienced Design Engineer responsible for creating and releasing type design definition for 787 Interiors. This position is located in Ladson, South Carolina (Building 88-50). The statement of work primarily includes releasing engineering to support customer introductions, but also requires working engineering and shop issue resolution, as well as exploring innovative and creative concepts to facilitate value growth for the 787 program.
You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of Interiors products, including IRC manufactured and supplied parts, as well as involvement with outside organizations, such as Boeing Global Services, Boeing Research and Technology, as well as Product Development.
A qualified candidate must be able to independently perform the following tasks:
- Develop, maintain and modify interior payload system and component designs, using CATIA, ENOVIA, IVT and other 3-D Computer Aided Design tools and/or other design methods, to provide product definition to other engineering groups, production operations, suppliers and external customers throughout the product life-cycle.
- Leads performance, integration and analysis of tests to validate and verify systems and components meet requirements and specifications.
- Reviews and provides feedback on supplier submitted technical reports, drawings and models through the Boeing CSDT system.
- Manages commodity and supplied components development, test and production activities and coordinates with internally and externally to optimize the designs to achieve program goals.
- Investigates emerging technologies to develop concepts for future product designs to meet projected requirement.
- Manages design changes through coordination with impacted Interiors ARs, DAE’s, and other design groups through DCCS and other configuration management tools.
- Review technical documents, reports and regulations to interpret and influence requirements applicable to designs.
- Write concise, technical correspondence and reports.
- Make presentations to provide information to a variety of audiences and influence others to accept a specific course of action regarding a variety of topics.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
Work Authorization Requirements:
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Experience designing and qualifying airplane interiors commodities.
- Experience managing and creating engineering data (IRMs, CARMs, detail parts and etc.) to support the qualification, design and installations of payloads products from airplane implementation through AC-E.
- Experience using ENOVIA & CATIA V5.
- Experience in navigating airplane Customer Specific Option Selection (CSOS) and Design Change Classification System (DCCS).
- Engineering Leadership experience including scheduling, project management, and planning.
- Verbal and written skills, teaming skills, technical skills, and integration skills.
- Requires a desire to impact change at the group, Payloads, and BCA process level through utilization of lean principles.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience as an engineer on Interiors Responsibility Center (IRC) designed and/or built commodities supporting the 787 model preferably interiors secondary supports and/or light limiting headers.
- Experience creating new detail assemblies and/or designs to support unique TBS-3 or BFE interiors products
- Experience functioning as a DAE (Design Approval Engineer)
- Experience understanding business ramifications of technical solutions.
- Experience making leveraged decisions on limited data.
- Self-motivated and willing to engage with manufacturing and other sites.
- Experience working independently and in a team as required.
Typical Education / Experience:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award
Job ID 1800076126