Jeppesen: Transforming the way the world moves.
Analyzes end user computing system requirements. Designs, evaluates, builds, and enhances the company computing delivery systems hardware and software components. Designs and integrates delivery systems, ensures production readiness, and supports problem management and resolution through tactical and strategic insertions. Acts as consultant for and coordinates with end users, computing architects, delivery systems functions, procurement organizations and suppliers.
- Must be able to analyze delivery systems requirements and designs and build systems to support standard company solutions.
- Designs, reviews and influences critical technology projects.
- Establish and leads technology insertion projects.
- Resolve technical issues in support of implementation plans.
- Communicates directly with customers on technical issues both on site and remotely.
- Creates installation artifacts for all work done
- Investigates and recommends disposition of new technologies in alignment with architectural direction.
- Interfaces with suppliers to maintain desired functionality, performance and availability.
Technical degree in a related field of study and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Applies extensive job practices, techniques, standards, principles, theories, and concepts. Has full knowledge of other related disciplines. Recognized as a job expert within the department/organization.
- Provides technical solutions to complex problems that require ingenuity and creativity.
- Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment. Completed work is reviewed for desired results from a relatively long-term perspective.
- Guides the successful completion of aspects of major programs and may function in a project leadership role. Erroneous decisions or recommendations may result in failure to achieve major organizational objectives.
- Represents the organization as the prime technical contact on contracts and projects. Interacts with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
Job ID 1389