The Quality Analyst/ Engineer is a hands-on role that will play an integral part in building and evolve formal QA processes, ensuring that the industry-accepted best practices are being used and will be responsible for quality assurance of their assignments. The role is responsible for applying industry best practices, and developing new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met.
Provide governance around a comprehensive end to end test approach strategy, robust test plans and monitoring while controlling software quality gates; actively participating in the on-time delivery of high quality new products; and providing analytics for our QA efforts. The role will act as key point of contact for all QA aspects of releases, providing regular quality health checks for resources internally and externally.
Key Result Areas
- Define the test strategy, plan and test cases for automated & manual test cycles including functional, regression, performance & smoke testing
- Ensure the functional and nonfunctional requirements of the business units are met by undertaking a thorough and comprehensive review of set of tests on programming changes that are produced by development and testing staff.
- Deliver high quality product and demonstrate the same via defined metrics
- Plan and document the testing effort via test plans and test cases for larger-scale projects
- Oversee the complete testing lifecycle for all applications in scope for deployments including draft test plans/scenarios for new functions.
- Develop and execute test cases, scripts, plans and procedures (manual and automated).
- Test functionality and review visual elements of small- and large-scale interactive deliverables
- Document and facilitate communication and troubleshooting of issues, bugs, changes
- Validate and close-out all issues prior to delivery
- Collaborate with other QA staff to accomplish all daily QA tasks on-time with a high level of quality
- Develop process to ensure the highest level of quality assurance possible
- Mentor QA team members and share expertise
- Assist in the development of on-going training programs for the QA Team
- Maintain open communication with internal teams
- Assist with internal project kickoffs and requirements/specs gathering
- Serves as an escalation point for issues involving testing
- Provides weekly status report that includes testing metrics
- Collaborate with Operations Leaders, Transformation Program Directors, and Vendors, to problem solve, and exchange information to maintain effective internal communication.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Systems Engineering, or experience in a systems development and/or QA role. Prefer advanced degree
- 5 years of experience in a testing environment with proven methodological expertise
- 3 years of experience as a test engineer and development of automated test cases
- Prior experience in building a Quality Assurance and Test center of excellence
- Strong experience across various test tooling such as HP (e.g. Quality Center), IBM, Open source
- Sound knowledge of various technologies (JAVA, SQL, etc.) or Packages (SAP, Microsoft Platforms, etc.)
- Knowledge of Test Automation tools such as HP QTP, Loadrunner, SAP TAO, IBM Rational Functional Tester is an asset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge and understanding of Incident response, analysis and investigation experience
- Prior experience in data quality management or integration preferred
- Proven experience in working with data management and transformational change at an enterprise level