Reporting to the Region Vice President for the Twin Cities Region the VP of Finance and Accounting will be responsible for providing executive-level guidance for all financial accounting reporting and budgeting activities for the Region.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- Review, coordination and approvals of key internal hiring and promotions; review, coordination and approvals of key contracts, including statements of work for vendors.
- Provide financial expertise to operating management and interact with senior management on both operational and financial short range and long range planning.
- Oversee preparation and review of monthly operating financial statements forecasts monthly variance analysis external financial statements and budget data.
- Oversight of all general accounting functions e.g. payables general ledger payroll etc. and assure adherence to generally accepted accounting practices.
- Analyze all aspects of financial performance and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Assure regional compliance with Company policies and procedures focusing on requirements under Sarbanes Oxley.
- Coordinate responses for all internal audits.
- Ensure that all systems of financial and operational internal controls are functioning properly at the system and regional level.
- Direct all work associated with Corporate and Division reporting year end reporting packaging and local filings.
- Direct preparation of annual capital and operational budgets for the Region.
- Coach mentor and develop finance staff throughout the region.
- Oversite of Regional Field Ops, Supply Chain, Real Estate and Fleet Management.
- Minimum ten (10) years of progressively responsible finance/accounting experience including management and direction of staff.
- Ability to lead a multi-site finance and accounting organization serving large customer and employee base.
- Strong capital management experience.-Public accounting experience desirable as is prior telecommunications financial experience.
- Bachelor s Degree in Business Administration or Accounting. CPA and/or MBA preferred.
- Strong collaboration and teambuilding skills.